quinta-feira, 3 de fevereiro de 2022

Sad night

The sun goes down, painting the horizon of purplish red shortly before a black veil is spread. All I see is darkness. It's like the sky feels shy and shuts its eyes. Shining stars and fireflies are the only light my sad and tired eyes can see through the tears that roll down my face. Not even the moon appeared tonight to make the night silver in colour. The Orion's Belt still glitters, though. I still see light at the end of the tunnel, although that end is a plethora of light years from me, and my life doesn't last but some decades. If only I could reach that sputtering star! The dew falls gently on the thyme, decorating its leaves with gracious drops, like the night is crying its darkness. All I see is tears. The owl hoots and all I hear is cry. Sounds of the night feel like sadness: a cricket, a heartbeat, a mutter. The sun will come up again. It will, eventually. But for my eyes, covered in tears, it's all the same. Darkness. A heart that beats, but doesn't love. A blood that runs like an arrow without a target. A life that lives without a purpose.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário