quinta-feira, 3 de fevereiro de 2022

Lonely

I feel lonely. Not lonely in a world full of people, but in a universe full of galaxies. I feel like I'm unprotected, alone on a floating globe, at the mercy of my destiny. At the mercy of whatever comes from the space. Or from my fate. I've always felt like that. As a kid, I used to think Earth was a globe and we were inside of it. On the inside face of a ball full of air. Protected. Then I discovered we're actually on the outside face of it. Unprotected. The Earth was supposed to take care of me, I'd think. I still recall the nights I couldn't sleep thinking of that. Feeling lost and abandoned in a random spot of the infinite universe. Just a little dot on a sheet of paper that has no borders. Abandoned in space and in time. I wonder what it would be like to time travel. I'd travel to the end of my life to see if the end is like the beginning. We are born crying and die suffering. The moments after birth are painful and so are the moments before death. Birth, death, the beginning, the end, they seem to be all the same. And the interval between them is just an aimless walk from one to the other.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário